Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Cave

On 1 January, I proudly displayed my newly tidied craft room. Of course, the room isn't quite as tidy now but I can still get into it - and even work in there. However, I didn't reveal my secret shame - the Cave. This room opens off the craft room and is stacked full of fabrics and yarns, some of it sorted into plastic bins and some just cluttering up the centre of the room.



The window faces west and is usually shaded by an outdoor awning in summer, making it very dark, which is partly why I call it the Cave.

It is very difficult even to get into the Cave, let alone find anything in there, and I have made a few attempts to tidy it up. Unfortunately, as soon as I pick up a piece of fabric I get distracted thinking about what I could do with it. So now I'm trying a different approach. I grab the first piece of fabric that comes to hand and work out what I can do with it. So far, I've used up two (admittedly small) pieces of fabric. I wonder how long it will take me to clean it out. :)

2 comments:

Maggi said...

What a great idea for working your way through your fabric. I do think you might be ordering a zimmer frame before you get through that lot though :)

sleepydwarf said...

My craft room looks a bit like The Cave ;-)