Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Very Hungry Caterpillar saga - part 1

Recently, being unusually organised, I went in search of fabric for a quilt for a baby that's due at the end of October. I found a kit for a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt and was immediately won over. So I purchased the kit and made it up the next morning (it's so easy working with a centre panel and ready cut strips). 


I've always quilted my quilts myself but the one in the shop had been commercially quilted with a caterpillar, butterfly and leaf pattern (see detail of reverse below), so I sent it off to be quilted and was very pleased with the result.


So, I'm all organised for the new baby nearly 2 months in advance? Nah! Why not? Well, a colleague thought it was the perfect birthday present for a one-year-old and bought it off me. After all, I had plenty of time to make another and the parents might prefer something different anyway ...

... to be continued.


1 comment:

Maggi said...

Being organised pays off obviously. A lovely little quilt. Hope the next one goes as well.