Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting started


Well, I managed to 'scribble' on the fabric without breaking the thread. That's a good start.

Now for something a bit more complicated - satin stitch. That worked okay, although it's going to take a lot of practice before I get it really smooth and consistent. And the fabric puckered in the centre.


This time I remembered to back the fabric with stabiliser and it is smoother, even though it doesn't look like it in this photo. I prefer the colours in this sample.

Let's try going around in circles. Well, a spiral to be more accurate. That's not too bad.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Hi Monica---I saw where you had joined Stitchin Fingers and decided to take a peek here and have discovered we are near neighbours---I live in Flynn.
I love you 365 days of photos what a great idea--may look into that when things quieten down a bit.
Doreen

Possum Princess said...

Wow!! That looks really cool!!!