Monday, July 14, 2008

Introduction

The title of this blog reflects the many limitations on my textile art. After many years of knitting, crocheting, embroidery and, to a lesser extent, silk painting and quilting, I now have lots of time to spend on enjoying these activities and developing my skills. However, due to a wrist problem, I am currently unable to do any hand embroidery, knitting or crocheting, and I'm very limited in what I can do. 

So, I've decided to embrace my limitations and see what I can achieve while 'keeping to the limits'.

I've dabbled in machine embroidery previously, so now I can explore it in greater depth but within the limits of a 9-inch hoop. I can't hold and move the fabric without a hoop and 9 inches is the largest size that I can use on my trusty old Husqvarna 6370.

No comments: